South Island Beer Festival
Terms & Conditions
1. Introductiono These Terms and Conditions govern all aspects of the sale of tickets to SIBF.
o You are responsible for remaining aware of the Terms and Conditions.
o Every effort has been made to ensure the information provided in relation to UCC is correct. However, to the extent permitted by law, UCC accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misdescription.
2. Definitionso In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
"SIBF" means a festival managed by UCC featuring a line-up of New Zealand’s beer producers along with a range of food vendors and live music.
"SIBF ticket" means a ticket to attend one day of a SIBF event.
"Our", "Us" and "We" means UCC and its employees, agents, staff and authorised contractors;
"UCC" means The University of Canterbury Club Incorporated which is a duly registered incorporated society, incorporated in New Zealand;
"Website" means the SIBF website at www.SIBF.co.nz;
"Working Day" means a day of the week other than:
(i) Saturday, Sunday, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, the Sovereign’s Birthday, Labour Day and Waitangi Day; and
(ii) a day in the period commencing 25 December in any year and ending on (and including) 5 January in the following year.
3. Interpretationo In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
(i) "person" includes an individual, company, corporation, firm, partnership, joint venture, association or organisation, or an unincorporated body of persons;
(ii) singular includes plural and plural includes singular;
(iii) references to a month or a year are references to a calendar month or year, as the case may be, and references to dates and times are to dates and times in New Zealand; and
(iv) references to currency are to New Zealand currency.
4. SIBF Ticket Purchase Terms & Conditions of Saleo UCC uses the third-party ticketing platforms (including but not limited to ‘TicketFairy.com’ and 'Eventbrite.com') as intermediaries to sell SIBF tickets. No ticketing company is authorised to sell SIBF tickets without express permission by us.
o SIBF ticket sales may be subject to the terms and conditions of third party payment platforms, and you are solely responsible for paying any and all booking fees and charges in connection with the sale, including but not limited to transaction and processing fees (which for the avoidance of doubt are additional to the advertised ticket price).
o These terms of sale set out the terms and conditions that apply to all purchases of SIBF tickets.
o We reserve the right to vary these terms of sale at any time. Any variation will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended terms of sale on our website.
o At the date of purchase of a SIBF ticket these terms of sale replace all prior representations or information provided prior to that date.
5. Your SIBF Ticketo You must provide an accurate and valid email address for electronic delivery of your SIBF ticket(s).
o You must print and present, or display using a capable mobile device, your SIBF ticket(s) at the time of entry.
o You must not modify, amend or change a SIBF ticket.
o A confirmation email which contains your SIBF ticket(s) will be sent to the email address you provided during the SIBF ticket purchasing process, from which you can print your ticket(s). If you do not receive this email then it is your responsibility to contact us through the support portal of the third party ticketing platform used to purchase your tickets (such as TicketFairy or Eventbrite). If you do not inform us through the third party ticketing platform that you have not received confirmation, we will be unable to guarantee that your purchase was successful. This may result in you being unable to purchase SIBF tickets if the event is sold out.
o Look after your SIBF ticket(s) as you would cash. It must be presented in order to gain admittance to the event. The code on the SIBF ticket uniquely identifies this ticket and the purchaser, and can be redeemed only once.
6. Currency and Pricingo All SIBF ticket prices are stated in New Zealand Dollars (NZ$) unless otherwise stated. All prices include GST unless otherwise stated.
7. Credit card problemso UCC’s ticketing system involves an immediate exchange of information between us and your bank via our selected third party payment platform. Occasionally, your bank may not authorise a transaction, based on your account status or your card not being enabled for online purchases. In these instances please contact your bank for a resolution.
8. Ticket Limitso SIBF tickets may be subject to a limited number of tickets that each customer can purchase for a SIBF event. This limit (if any) will be published as part of the event information. This policy is meant to restrict unfair purchasing practices.
9. Postponements, Cancellations and Refundso SIBF tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or cancelled once issued except in accordance with these terms and conditions or the applicable laws of New Zealand. Therefore, please ensure that you carefully review your purchase before processing the purchase.
o Occasionally, events may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. Should this occur we reserve the sole discretion to determine whether to offer full or partial refund (if any) to you.
o Cancellations and/or Refunds due to adverse weather conditions are at the sole and unfettered discretion of UCC as events can, for example, depending on the venue, be moved inside. For avoidance of doubt, UCC does not offer an automatic right to a refund due to adverse weather conditions.
o In the event a refund is authorised by us, UCC retains the right to refund directly to the credit card used for the original purchase.
o UCC reserves the right to postpone a SIBF event to a later date. In the event of a postponement, purchased tickets for the original date will be valid for the new date unless otherwise notified.
10. Changes in Programmeo UCC reserves the right to withdraw, replace, add or substitute products, services, food, beverage, artists or performers or any aspect of a SIBF event including date(s), prices, venue capacity and/or seating arrangements without notice.
11. Attendanceo You must hold a valid SIBF ticket to attend a SIBF event.
o Multiple copies of a SIBF ticket will not allow multiple entries. In the event that multiple copies of this code are presented at the event, UCC may refuse entry to all SIBF ticket holders presenting tickets with this code.
o By purchasing tickets on behalf of other persons, including minors, you warrant that you made those parties are aware of all terms and conditions relating to their tickets and their entry and attendance at the event.
o You must comply with all security requirements of UCC staff, agents and employees, and the event venue, in relation to your attendance which may include (without limitation) you and your belongings being searched on entry, and the confiscation of any prohibited items including, but in no way limited to, alcoholic beverages, weapons etc.
12. Refusal of Admission / Ejection for Objectionable Behaviour / Re-saleo Appropriate identification must be shown when presenting SIBF tickets or entering a SIBF event. If suitable identification is not presented, you may be refused admittance to the SIBF event.
o UCC reserves the right, without refund of any amount paid, to refuse admission to, or eject from a SIBF event, without compensation to you, in circumstances where UCC or the venue considers it has cause. This includes (without limitation) where tickets are lost or damaged, where you engage in conduct that unreasonably interferes with the enjoyment of the event by others (i.e. by fighting, being abusive or disorderly, hampering the conduct of the event or otherwise), and where you do not comply with the rules and regulations set forth by UCC or the respective venue.
o No SIBF ticket may be resold at a premium, used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes without formal written authorisation from UCC, however UCC may in its sole discretion may make available a re-sale facility using the applicable third party ticketing platform (if available).
o Any breach of these terms may result in you or the SIBF ticket holder being refused admission or being ejected from the SIBF event.